Monday, April 21, 2008

~

"So, Keith, you say the Conservatives wouldn't allow you into the room where all the other journalists were invited for a briefing?"
"That's right Carol, the Conservative Government spokesman told me it was a closed meeting."
"Do you, Keith Boag, have any idea why you, a CBC journalist, would not be allowed into a meeting where a whole bunch of other journalists had been invited by the government?"
"No, Carol, I have no idea."
"Now Keith, this is a very serious matter. . . Are you saying you don't have any idea why you would not be allowed to be a part of this government briefing?"
"Well, Carol, it wasn't just me who was not allowed into this meeting. It was each and every CBC reporter. No CBC reporters were allowed into the room where the briefing was taking place."
"Well, Keith, I find it strange that you have no idea why nary a CBC reporter was allowed into the briefing."
"Well, it may be strange Carol, but I don't have any idea why nary a CBC person was allowed into that room."
"Could it be that you, and most all of the other CBC reporters, like myself, are card carrying members of the Liberal Party and we sometimes are told to . . . uh. . . Liberalize the news a little. . .?"
"Good Grief! No! No! A thousand times NO! Carol, you really shouldn't say stuff like that. . . Not out loud!"
"I've been told the Puffy Duffy was allowed in and was seen leaving with a whole stack of government-supplied documents for his perusal. Is that true, Keith?"
"I don't know."
"Do you think the reason that no CBC reporters were allowed into this meeting has anything to do with Susan Bonner screaming at the Prime Minister on the concrete steps in The House?"
"I don't know."
"Apparently she used to do that all the time when Stephen Harper was first elected. I remember her screams reverberating all around that concrete cavern area of The House. --- 'Mr Harper, Mr Harper. Is it true your belt size has grown by two whole notches?'--- Such ignorance! Don't you agree, Keith?"
"Carol, why are you talking this way?"
"Do you think, Keith, the reason NOT ONE cbc reporter was allowed in that room might have something to do with the CBC assassination of Stockwell Day in that bit of yellow journalism that has become known as the Dinasaur Doo Doo Doctrine which made sure of the re-election of that crooked little creton from Shewinnigate?"
"I don't know, Carol. I just don't know. Please stop saying things like that."
"Do you think the reason no CBC reporters were allowed into that room tonight might have something to do with the way Peter, Rex, Kathleen, David, Don, Nancy and the whole myriad of TV and radio people, including myself, have continually twisted the facts and actually lied about things trying to make the Liberals look good and the Conservatives look like demons?"
"Carol. What's wrong with you? You sound like a CTV person for God's sake!"
Well, Keith, Baby. . . It just so happens the CTV has offered me a job. Yeah, Keith. . . A job where I will be able to report the truth! Did you hear me, Keith? The TRUTH! The real Goddam, bloody TRUTH! Oh, and guess what, Keith. Ha, ha ,ha, I'm invited to a closed door meeting tomorrow night! Closed to all CBC reporters, that is. Oh Lordy, Lordy! I wish, I could wait around to see the faces of all those poor CBC people as they return from their weekends, but I can't. I have a date with my keyboard! Hot Damn! It's going to be so great to actually type the facts for a change! Sorry Keith, but I guess you'll never experience that feeling! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. . . "

Dimmy

No comments: